It’s springtime in Mesa, AZ. Before you know it, the summer sun will be pushing the mercury above 100 degrees. Given the area’s significant cooling demands, spring heat pump maintenance is essential for every homeowner. It gives your HVAC technician a chance to correct problems before they affect your comfort or your spending. Here are a few ways that preventive maintenance benefits you and your family.
Advantages of Spring Heat Pump Maintenance
Preventive HVAC maintenance provides a variety of benefits whether you want lower energy bills, fewer repairs or enhanced peace of mind. Learn more about the advantages.
- Routine maintenance tasks, such as cleaning the coils and adjusting the refrigerant charge, can boost the system’s performance by 5-15%.
- Spring heat pump maintenance prevents unnecessary efficiency loses that decrease the system’s performance by 2-3% annually.
- Studies consistently show that delayed maintenance leads to increased repairs that inflate your long-term cost of ownership.
- Routine checkups protect your warranty coverage and provide increased peace of mind because you know that each part has been checked by a qualified HVAC technician.
What’s Included in Our Spring AC Tune-Ups?
Our thorough tune-ups include more than a dozen items to ensure that your heat pump performs optimally. Based on manufacturer recommendations and industry standards, we check all major components, including the thermostat and controls. Here are a few of the items that are included.
- Cleaning the evaporator and condenser coils for proper airflow
- Flushing the condensate line to prevent water damage
- Measuring the refrigerant pressure for optimal efficiency
- Testing the capacitors and checking the incoming voltage
- Inspecting the ducts to ensure adequate airflow
- Checking the belts and bearings and lubricating moving parts if needed
Working with Our Qualified HVAC Technicians in Mesa, AZ
Investing in preventive maintenance is a fast, easy way to help your HVAC system perform more reliably this summer. To learn more about our services or to schedule a spring tune-up for your heat pump, call 480 Mechanical today.